Thursday, February 23, 2006

Vita Veritas and The Void inside

Yet another day had passed, and here I sat in my home shifting like carnal rocking horse between the states of daydreaming and thinking. I had come a long way since, I had first arrived here. In many ways my endeavours had finally paid off, and I was now living the life that I had imagined months back...well maybe not quite...but a good approximation.


The thought started with the usual train-ride to work, where I stood looking at the people, who were mostly buried in the privacy of their portable music-players or newspapers. I wondered if these people looked at me, as I looked at them. Did they think, what I was thinking? Did they live the life, they were meant to be living? I could see no creative or ambitious vanity in their eyes. Instead I saw routine and indifference.

Life was indeed odd. Every day was like a thorough assraping and the only way to survive was to acquire a liking to consistent buggering, or let the void within engulf you with its numbness.


I was in the same queue that led all the way to the deep pit of lost dreams. The pit where dreams were exchanged for a fixed salary and a place to stay. Was life about this all along? Had I been biased all along, thinking that somehow things would turn out differently for me?

Life lay beside me like a dangerous predator that I had to stroke gently and carefully to avoid a confrontation that I would surely lose. Yes, Vita Veritas an untamed beast to be respected and feared...


Edward T. Shufflebottom


No comments: